Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg MY H1B reciept

Hi Team,

I have a valid H1B reciept sponsered by company A picked up in 2014 lottery, due to my family problems I have not attended interveiw. Now I am moving to company B and I wanted to know if the same reciept will be useful in company B to attend VISA interview.

Thanks

No. You need an approved H1B petition from company B to attend the visa interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      No. You need an approved H1B petition from company B to attend the visa interview.
      So company B can use the same reciept and get the approved petition from US embassy?

Comment

Originally posted by Harshi430 View Post
        So company B can use the same reciept and get the approved petition from US embassy?
        Company B has to petition USCIS (not the US embassy) for your H1B and once approved, you can use that approved petition to get a visa at the US embassy. Company A's approved H1B petition on your behalf will not help you get a visa if company B is who you will be working for.

Comment

If you have a copy of the previous H1B approval, then company B can file a transfer and when that transfer gets approved, you can appear for H1B visa at the U.S consulate.

Originally posted by Harshi430 View Post
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X