Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How safe to travel to India when H1 ext & H1B transfer to new employer is in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by Srivadana View Post
    Hi,

My current H1B visa have validatity till dec 31st 2015. My current employer filed extension, but not yet received Petition # (filed in normal). My new employer filed for my H1B transfer but it went to RFE. They are going to submit the requested documents this week. This is filed in Premium.

so is it safe now to travel to India for a week or 10 days starting this weekend..?
    I do not see a purpose of filing extension and then leaving. Either file extension after returning or get extension approval, and re enter using the extended petition/new visa stamp.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• How safe to travel to India when H1 ext & H1B transfer to new employer is in process

Hi,

My current H1B visa have validatity till dec 31st 2015. My current employer filed extension, but not yet received Petition # (filed in normal). My new employer filed for my H1B transfer but it went to RFE. They are going to submit the requested documents this week. This is filed in Premium.

so is it safe now to travel to India for a week or 10 days starting this weekend..?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X