H4-F1 and now H4-F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-F1 and now H4-F1

Hi, I am looking for some suggestions,experts please suggest...

I guess everyone on OPT/ OPT stem extension must have been familiar with OPT Stem Extension could be revoked as per Federal Judge from Feb 12 2016(which is not clear yet and still have to wait for DHS to answer)

Few Details about me :
    I came to usa in March 2012, converted to F1 in September 2013 ,Graduated in Aug 2014, working since Aug 2014
    Currently I am on OPT Stem Extension which expires Jan 20th 2017( working as Junior level Web developer)

Now,
    1.as i am ,i have a option to convert from F1 to H4 but when should i apply for F1-H4 conversion?when should i send application for converting f1-h4?how many days will the process take to convert F1-H4?
    2.can i specify exact date to start my H4 status? for ex:feb 13th 2016 to start my H4 status? few of my friends H4-f1 status converstion took alomost 8 months to get approvved so wanted to apply soon
    3.If i send my f1-h4 conversion in october 2015 and if i get approval of H4 before feb 12 2016 i will be safe in USA to stay but
    4.what about if my F1-H4 converstion is still pending/not approved by Feb 12 2016 and beyond? is it illegal to stay in USA when conversion is still in process?
    should i have to go back to india after feb 12 2016? and come back once h4 is approved?
    (one of my cousin is not going to get her GC/Citizenship for ever as she was in USA illegally for 3 days when she got laid off on H1 and she is on EAD since 5 years and her husband is a Citizen)
    4.do i have to go for VISA stamping? after F1-H4 conveted?

and
    5.how about I apply F1-H4 converstion in November 2015, Join in another college get CPT? HOW this could work? any idea?

Please help..

H4 to F1 RFE

Submit copies of document(s) and translation(s) of proof of residence in the country to which you plan to return after completing the program including but not limited to photocopies of property deed, mortgage statements, lease or rental agreement, utility bills

My passport has different address other than current (permanent) address. So I have Election Commission ID Card(Voted ID) . Will that be enough ? or
    Can I submit 1) My Voter Id 2) Marriage Certificate 3) Spouse Passport and affidavit from spouse.
    please advice

Comment

Originally posted by theknk1234 View Post
      Hi, I am looking for some suggestions,experts please suggest...

I guess everyone on OPT/ OPT stem extension must have been familiar with OPT Stem Extension could be revoked as per Federal Judge from Feb 12 2016(which is not clear yet and still have to wait for DHS to answer)

Few Details about me :
      I came to usa in March 2012, converted to F1 in September 2013 ,Graduated in Aug 2014, working since Aug 2014
      Currently I am on OPT Stem Extension which expires Jan 20th 2017( working as Junior level Web developer)

Now,
      1.as i am ,i have a option to convert from F1 to H4 but when should i apply for F1-H4 conversion?when should i send application for converting f1-h4?how many days will the process take to convert F1-H4?
      2.can i specify exact date to start my H4 status? for ex:feb 13th 2016 to start my H4 status? few of my friends H4-f1 status converstion took alomost 8 months to get approvved so wanted to apply soon
      3.If i send my f1-h4 conversion in october 2015 and if i get approval of H4 before feb 12 2016 i will be safe in USA to stay but
      4.what about if my F1-H4 converstion is still pending/not approved by Feb 12 2016 and beyond? is it illegal to stay in USA when conversion is still in process?
      should i have to go back to india after feb 12 2016? and come back once h4 is approved?
      (one of my cousin is not going to get her GC/Citizenship for ever as she was in USA illegally for 3 days when she got laid off on H1 and she is on EAD since 5 years and her husband is a Citizen)
      4.do i have to go for VISA stamping? after F1-H4 conveted?

and
      5.how about I apply F1-H4 converstion in November 2015, Join in another college get CPT? HOW this could work? any idea?

Please help..
      1. You can send in your application at any time before your OPT expires. Typically, a 90 day processing time can be expected for change of status but depending on various circumstances, this can change. If you get an RFE, then processing time can extend.
      2. You cannot specify an exact start date. Your friend's application taking 8 months seems a little unbelievable. There has to be some reason for it to take this long. You need to find out the whole story.
      3-4. You can stay in the US if you've applied early enough despite the conversion not being processed so long as your application is approved. If your application is denied, I believe they will consider the extra days as overstaying your visa. Please check up on the USCIS website regarding this. They have specific information that explains these things.
      5. If you get an H4 approved, you don't have to go for a visa stamping. If you do leave the country, then you must appear at the consulate for a visa before you can come back in.

The easiest way for you would be to simply leave the country closer to OPT expiration and get an H4 visa stamped on your passport. Of course, I don't know your circumstances, so its easy for me to say.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X