Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent travel to India

Hi,

My H1B extension is inprogress (received receipt number) and also my wife's H4 extension is inprogress(received receipt number).

My wife wants to go back to India early next month. Is there any problem will come if she is travelling when the extension is inprogress for both.
    Please clarify.

Thanks.

Originally posted by anto0419 View Post
    Hi,

My H1B extension is inprogress (received receipt number) and also my wife's H4 extension is inprogress(received receipt number).

My wife wants to go back to India early next month. Is there any problem will come if she is travelling when the extension is inprogress for both.
    Please clarify.

Thanks.
    Advisable not to travel while extension is in progress. When is the H1/H4 visa and I-94 expiring? When is she planning to re enter US?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H4 visa and I94 is expiring on Sept 30.
      H1b visa expiring on Sept 30 and I94 for the same is Oct 10

She will return to US early next year only.

Comment

Originally posted by anto0419 View Post
        H4 visa and I94 is expiring on Sept 30.
        H1b visa expiring on Sept 30 and I94 for the same is Oct 10

She will return to US early next year only.
        She can safely travel and apply for an H4 visa at the US consulate abroad once your extension is approved. Remember that she can't reenter until your H1B is approved because she needs to use your i797 to apply for the H4. Your travel, on the other hand, is not advisable until it is approved.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have applied extension for her also and it is in porgress. So You meant to say, she has to go to US consulate for stamping once my extension is approved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X