Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Drop Box Question

Hi
    I have a question regarding H1-B visa renewal. I am currently employed in the US for last several years and my last visa expired on 26th October 2014 (got the stamp when I visited India in 2012). Now I have an approved I-797 with me and need to visit India next month (October) for which I have to get the visa done again. As of now I can say that my last visa of the same category expired within 12 months. So when I tried to get an appointment scheduled the system automatically asks me to go for the drop box option which will be very good but I am a bit puzzled here as I am not entirely clear about how this 12 months period is calculated exactly? Is this from the day I pay the Visa fee Or the day I complete DS-160 or the day I try to schedule the appointment or the day I am able to drop off the documents at the designated location?
    The reason I am concerned is that if I go for the drop box option will this be only valid if I am able to submit the documents on or before 26th of October? I am from Kolkata and do not arrive until 18th of October. Due to Festivals during that time I am not sure if the drop box locations will remain open during that period to accept the documents i.e. before 26th.

Please help if you have any idea.
    Thanks a lot
    ISG

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X