Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Renewal Stamping, Petition not found and Administrative Processing

Hi

I went to the Abu Dhabi US Embassy to get my H1B restamped. During the interview, I handed my I797A to him. A few minutes later the interviewer told me that he was unable to find the petition in the system and that my application could only be reviewed once my employer submits my petition into their system. I asked him "what system" and "what exactly do I need to tell my employer"? He just replied saying that ask your employer to submit the petition to our system and they should know what to do.

After this conversation, he also handed me a yellow slip saying that more administrative processing would be needed on my application.

Now I reached out to my employer saying that they need to submit my petition to their website, but my employer denied saying that there is no mechanism for a US Employer to submit a document to the USCIS database.

Who is right? Is my employer wrong or is the person embassy mistaken. Please help, thanks!

Your employer is right. I guess your petition was missing on the PIMS system. Usually when USCIS approves a petition they will upload the approval to PIMS so that it is available at the Consulate. When the petition is missing in PIMS, the consulate will request USCIS to load the document. In this case, I am not sure why the VO asked your employer to do that. Your employer can contarct USCIS and explain your case and I am sure they can help.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X