X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 visa stamping in Matamoros, advice appreciated

Hello,
    Please note the following timeline:
    I graduated with masters in May'03 and started working on OPT from Jun'03 for a company.
    After which the company applied for H1 and I recieved the H1 in Jan'04 after a month I recieved my OPT for another 6 months valid till Jun'04.
    I worked for that company for 3 months and didn't like my work so I resigned in March'03.I just wanted to take a break and travel and by the time I joined another company it was Jul'03, after which there was not any break in pay till date Jan'06.
    On that note, I have an appointment with the US embassy in Mexico next month.
    Can anyone suggest if the break in pay is invalid status of mine and anyway to get around this issue, it was an honest mistake.Had I not applied for H1 I would have been fine since my OPT was valid till Jun'04.
    My w2 for 2004 is very low(50% of H1) and w2 for 2005 is very good.

Replies appreciated.

Hi,
    Which is your home country?
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hello,
      Veena,
      My home country is India.To give you a quick picture, I dont have my payroll for the first 6 months of my H1B.
      BTW, I had valid OPT during those first 6 months if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Comment

F1 to H1 visa stamping in Matamoros, advice appreciated

Hello,
        Veena,
        Can you please follow up on this.If you have any additional questions let me know.

Thanks

Comment

If it your first ever H1B visa stamping, then it is strongly recommended that you go to US Consulate in India serving your residence there. If you choose to go to Mexico, do so before your present visa on the passport expires, so that you will have an option of returning back to USA on your old visa even if H1B is refused. Otherwise, best is to go home. Atleast you will be in safe hands and can plan the further course of action without panic. Even for the H1b Stamping in india, you will have to voluntarily provide an explanation as also supporting documents from your employer for every period that you have remained without work or without pay.
          All the Best.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X