Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 in transfer - and Travel to India - IMP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 in transfer - and Travel to India - IMP!!

Hi

I have recently accepted a offer at Company B. They are going to file H1b transfer in Premium processing for me. Company A's H1b is valid till 2007 (but is not stamped). I have currently taken an appointment at New Delhi for stamping on Mar 1st (is with petion details for Company A, but once I get the approved petion for company B, I will update the information online, and take those prints accordingly)

QUE: I am also planning to travel to India in 1st week of Feb.
    Is it safe?
    When can I leave the country - after my H1b for company B is apporved?
    --OR--
    only after I receive the physical I797 paper with me for company B?

Any other words of advise?

Thanks much!!

Travel to India before H1 transfer approval but after getting receipt

Hi guys

Could someone please advise me on H1 transfer. I am working for company A and my current job is getting over on 31st march. Company B which is a recruiting company is doing my H1 transfer starting next week. So I'll get the H1 receipt within 15 days. After that I am going to India on 12th April and will go for stamping in Delhi once the company B sends me all the approval documents in India. My question is would there be a problem in getting my new h1 visa stamped as I leave the country before getting the approval (but after getting the receipt)? I won't have any pay stubs from the new job as I will be starting my work only after I come back. But I'll have all the pay stubs till March 31st from my previous job. I would appreciate if someone can tell me the problems involved in this and ofcourse the solution (other than going for premium processing).

Thanks
    Sid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X