No announcement yet.

Visa Petition Approved in PP but documents not received since 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your lawyers seem to be screwed up. What address have they mentioned in your form I-129. Get a copy of your I-129 and check the address. I would suggest that you get help from a good immigration attorney to respond back. It looks like a communication was sent to the employer/Lawyer from USCIS which did not get delivered. You need to get that back to see what it is. It may be an RFE. A good immigration attorney will handle it well. Talk to your employer and move the case to a different lawyer who is experienced. The description in the message that you received is a template description and you don't need to worry so much about that.

Originally posted by Mjay View Post
    Hi Shervin,

My petition got returned again (for the second time form PO to USCIS). I am worried reading the below email that I got from the consulate. Please go thru and advice me on why it went to initial review again and regarding what they say that it could have serious effect on my case and whatever is given below which sounds like I will have a difficult time with my H1B stamping.

Is there any chance for this unfortunate events to end with the cancellation of my H1B petition or something like that.? My immigration consultants at office is of no use. They have no idea nor do they convey the details. I'm worried.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:36 AM
    Subject: Case Status Information for Receipt Number: EAC15 YYYY YYYY
    To: YYYY YYYY [email protected]

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: EAC15 YYYY YYYY

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On November 9, 2015, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number EAC15 YYYY YYYY , because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
    Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Mjay
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Documents received

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Your lawyers seem to be screwed up. What address have they mentioned in your form I-129. Get a copy of your I-129 and check the address. I would suggest that you get help from a good immigration attorney to respond back. It looks like a communication was sent to the employer/Lawyer from USCIS which did not get delivered. You need to get that back to see what it is. It may be an RFE. A good immigration attorney will handle it well. Talk to your employer and move the case to a different lawyer who is experienced. The description in the message that you received is a template description and you don't need to worry so much about that.

Thanks Shervin.

I had emailed our Indian Immigration team with the details. 2 days later I heard from them that they already received the documents and asked me to ignore the emails received from USCIS. I have confirmed with them that the docs are mine (had a quick look at it to confirm name and date, as they dont usually handover the docs until the stamping time). They simply said "DONT KNOW" when I asked them what was wrong in the USCIS Website. I would appreciate if you could throw some light on the below questions to help me.

> What could have gone wrong.?
      > Do I have to worry about the status in the USCIS website still being the "Docs Returned Status" in a way that it could affect my stamping?

Thanks a lot, Mjay

Comment

Are you saying that USCIS returned your documents back and the employer received them? If so, why did USCIS return the documents? Can they resend the documents before your I-94 expiry date?
        Or did your employer actually received the H1B approval notice? Which document are you talking about?

Thanks Shervin.

I had emailed our Indian Immigration team with the details. 2 days later I heard from them that they already received the documents and asked me to ignore the emails received from USCIS. I have confirmed with them that the docs are mine (had a quick look at it to confirm name and date, as they dont usually handover the docs until the stamping time). They simply said "DONT KNOW" when I asked them what was wrong in the USCIS Website. I would appreciate if you could throw some light on the below questions to help me.

> What could have gone wrong.?
        > Do I have to worry about the status in the USCIS website still being the "Docs Returned Status" in a way that it could affect my stamping?

Thanks a lot, Mjay

Comment

Petition Approval Documents

Hi Shervin,

I was referring to my Petition Approval Documents (I797B form valid till some date in 2018; I have never traveled on H1B so I might not have an I797A form)

Thanks, MJay

Comment

If you already have the approval notice with you, then you can simply ignore the case status on USCIS website.

Hi Shervin,

I was referring to my Petition Approval Documents (I797B form valid till some date in 2018; I have never traveled on H1B so I might not have an I797A form)

Thanks, MJay

Comment

Thanks

Thanks shervin. That answers my worries..!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X