Multiple H1B transfer applications after lay-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1B transfer applications after lay-off

I got my lay-off notice on 9/22 with 4 weeks notice as my termination date is 10/20. (that means I need to get my H1B transferred to another company by 10/20)

Today I received an offer from Company B, and they can start transfer right away and will get H1B transfer done (if premium) or receipt before 10/20.
    Now another better company C is planning to offer me on 10/12 ( they can not do it before 10/12).

My questions:
    1. Can I except offer from company B and start H1B transfer process to maintain status now and once C extends offer to me can I start H1B transfer process with them?
    2. Do I need to use H1 submission receipt from B, or i-797 from current company if C start H1 transfer processing before 10/20?
    3. Should I join company B and work 1-2 weeks till C gets H1 transfer complete?
    4. Can B cause any trouble if I join C right after joining B?
    5. Will there be case of me getting out of status in this scenario?

Thank you! I would highly appreciate early response.

1. Can I except offer from company B and start H1B transfer process to maintain status now and once C extends offer to me can I start H1B transfer process with them?
    >>> Yes.

2. Do I need to use H1 submission receipt from B, or i-797 from current company if C start H1 transfer processing before 10/20?
    >>> If you will be working for A at that time, then the transfer should be filed from A to C. If you begin working for B, then transfer should be filed from B to C.

3. Should I join company B and work 1-2 weeks till C gets H1 transfer complete?
    >>> Not advisable.

4. Can B cause any trouble if I join C right after joining B?
    >>> Can't comment without knowing their policies.

5. Will there be case of me getting out of status in this scenario?
    >>> As long as your transfer is filed before your last working day with A, you are good. You are allowed to begin working for the new employer upon receiving the receipt notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you shervin143

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X