Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 date as passport expiry date

Hello Friends,

I arrived USA recently on H1B, port of entry officer stamped admitted and below wrote date as my passport expiry date( Aug 2016) and I thought it supposed to be my visa expiry date as Sep 2017.

I found that my I 94 also reflected as Passport expiry date Aug 2016(which is written on the Port of entry stamped ). I guess this was because of at port of entry in the passport written as the Passport expiry date.

Now my question is what is my allowed stay/work date in USA if visa expiry date is sep 2017.

Please help me here.

Originally posted by everest1 View Post
    Hello Friends,

I arrived USA recently on H1B, port of entry officer stamped admitted and below wrote date as my passport expiry date( Aug 2016) and I thought it supposed to be my visa expiry date as Sep 2017.

I found that my I 94 also reflected as Passport expiry date Aug 2016(which is written on the Port of entry stamped ). I guess this was because of at port of entry in the passport written as the Passport expiry date.

Now my question is what is my allowed stay/work date in USA if visa expiry date is sep 2017.

Please help me here.
    I-94 primarily governs you stay/work authorization period. So if you want to stay beyond Aug 2016, first get your passport renewed then you have three options:

1. Leave US and re enter.
    2. Try going to nearest CBP office and see if they can give an extended I-94 matching your visa expiry.
    3. File form I539 with USCIS.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X