H1B Visa Appt postponed.PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Appt postponed.PLEASE HELP

My problem is strange. I had scheduled a H1B appointment with the Chennai consulate via the new vfs service. I got the appointment date confirmed on Jan 17th 2006. I made my travel reservations and everything was going smoothly when i received an email on the first week of Jan that my appointment was pushed out to Feb 11th, and the reason was overbooking.
    I tried calling the VFS numbers and the consulate in India. Each one pointed me to the other. I called VFS,they told me to call the consulate and when i did that, they told me to call the VFS. I finally gave up and cancelled my flight reservation and made a new one to accomodate the new date. Now, I dont see my confirmation of the appointment on the VFS site. As every appointment needs to tied to a VFS barcode, I am concerned. I just noticed this a few days back. I tried to enter in my information to retrieve my forms online but it said that the barcode that i entered was not used yet. i am not sure whether i should go now or not. I have sent a reply back to the email the consulate sent me regarding the rescheduling and i have my fingers crossed. I am open to any suggestions. I am leaving here on Feb 6th.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X