X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Chennai vs Hyderabad

Hello All,

Scenario:

- I have been working on a full time job from the past 6.5 years.
    - This is my third H1B extension (2009 - 2012; 2012 - 2015; 2015 - 2018).
    - My H1B extension was applied on May 2015 and it was not approved until October 2015.
    - We went on Premium processing on October 1st and it was approved by Oct 6th.
    - I am going for my marriage to India and i have to get the stamping done and apply for my wife's Visa, so advice correctly please.

Questions:

1.) I went to Chennai for all my Visa's until now since 2006 (F1, OPT, 2 H1B stampings etc ...). Since the H1B stamping is now taking three days, i am planning on going to Hyderabad this time and not to waste time. Is this going to cause any issues? Since there is a change in the location is it going to affect my chances of getting a visa stamp?

2.) I am still waiting for the approval notice from USCIS/Lawyer, we requested OCT 2018 as the expiration date; can i put Oct 2018 as the expiration date and book the appointment or shall i wait until i receive the approval notice and use the expiration date on it?

3.) Once i receive the approval notice, can i change the expiration date in case if it is different and still hold the same Visa appointment date and time?

4.) Is this going to cause any issues if i change the H1B expiration date after the Visa Appointment is scheduled once?

1.) I went to Chennai for all my Visa's until now since 2006 (F1, OPT, 2 H1B stampings etc ...). Since the H1B stamping is now taking three days, i am planning on going to Hyderabad this time and not to waste time. Is this going to cause any issues? Since there is a change in the location is it going to affect my chances of getting a visa stamp?
    >>> Not an issue.

2.) I am still waiting for the approval notice from USCIS/Lawyer, we requested OCT 2018 as the expiration date; can i put Oct 2018 as the expiration date and book the appointment or shall i wait until i receive the approval notice and use the expiration date on it?
    >>> You should wait until you receive the approval notice.

3.) Once i receive the approval notice, can i change the expiration date in case if it is different and still hold the same Visa appointment date and time?
    >>> Nope. You will need to fill a new Ds160 and reschedule the appointment. Not worth filling the Ds160 before receiving the approval notice in hand.

4.) Is this going to cause any issues if i change the H1B expiration date after the Visa Appointment is scheduled once?
    >>> Read the above answer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X