Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension

HI ALL

I hold a valid H1B Visa which get expires this March 06 2016. I am in India.
    I have used only 2 months in my whole visa period.
    Right now i am in a legal issue of filed a divorce . My court final hearing is on March 23 2016.
    I want to travel back to US. What is the safest thing to do right now to my current situation.

I want to apply for an extension can i do outside US?

Who has to that?

If I travel in the month of JAN and apply for a extension if it got approved. When i come back to india on March 23rd do I need to get it stamped once again.when i travel back to US. Or what will be the best way to travel. Get the extension filed and after the approval get it stamped then travel to US or ... Please suggest me your inputs and expereince guys please.

I want to apply for an extension can i do outside US?
    >>> Yes.

Who has to that?
    >>> Employer.

If I travel in the month of JAN and apply for a extension if it got approved. When i come back to india on March 23rd do I need to get it stamped once again.when i travel back to US. Or what will be the best way to travel. Get the extension filed and after the approval get it stamped then travel to US
    >>> If the job still exist, then you can travel using a valid H1B Visa (and the valid H1B approval notice) and begin working for the employer. The employer can file H1B extension while you are in U.S. Alternatively, the employer can file the extension now. Upon approval, you can get the H1B visa stamped based on the extended petition and travel to U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X