***Urgent *** DS160 Help Please ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Urgent *** DS160 Help Please ****

My wife and I , both are in H1B Visa. We will be going to India to get the stamping done next month. We are in the process of filling up the DS160 forms, we both have doubts.

Our question is…

Do we both have to mention each other along with our 5yr old (minor), who’s a US citizen - In the following sections

In my wife’s case she has her Brother on H1B, should his name be included in the immediate relatives section?

Sections on DS160 Form:

1. On the travel companion Section : Persons traveling with you

Are there other persons traveling with you?

2. Family Information Relatives :

Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents in the United Staes?

Thanks in advance and greatly appreciate you help.

In my wife’s case she has her Brother on H1B, should his name be included in the immediate relatives section?
    >>> Yes.

Sections on DS160 Form:

1. On the travel companion Section : Persons traveling with you
    Are there other persons traveling with you?
    >>> Answer YES and mention the names of the family / friends that will be travelling with you.

2. Family Information Relatives :
    Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents in the United States?
    >>> If you have any other relatives living in U.S as of the date of your visa interview, then answer YES and mention their name.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thank you.
        I have another question. I WILL BE visiting Canada for a couple of days before going to India. Indeed, my flight to India is from Toronto. Do I have to add this for the countries travelled in last 5 years column?

Comment

Originally posted by gprasad.n View Post
          Thank you.
          I have another question. I WILL BE visiting Canada for a couple of days before going to India. Indeed, my flight to India is from Toronto. Do I have to add this for the countries travelled in last 5 years column?
          DS 160 is all about your journey from India to US. It does not matter how you travel from US.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

While filling up the DS160, there's a question about, Countries visited in last five years.
            In my situation, i would have visited Canada before my Visa interview. So i am confused.

Comment

Yes, you will need to mention that.

Originally posted by gprasad.n View Post
              While filling up the DS160, there's a question about, Countries visited in last five years.
              In my situation, i would have visited Canada before my Visa interview. So i am confused.
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X