H1B Transfer after Extn is approved but not stamped yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer after Extn is approved but not stamped yet

I got my H1B extension approved last month, till april2018. Currently I am in India, so as per my understanding I need to get it stamped before next travel. Also, my earlier I94 has expired too during last month.
    I have not yet stamped the visa after the extn is done.
    What I want to know is:
    1. if I join another company now, while in India, can I transfer the Extended visa to the new company?
    2. can I raise the stamping request through new company?
    3. do I need to wait till the H1B transfer is done to the new company and go for stamping afterwards?
    4. what documents (related to visa transfer) should I have before leaving the current company?
    5. what could complicate the matter while transferring the visa in this case?
    6. I have travelled to US through my current company and just returned 2 months back.

I would be really grateful if someone can help me with these queries.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by guyanratan; 10-13-2015, 10:15 AM.

1. if I join another company now, while in India, can I transfer the Extended visa to the new company?
    >>> Visa cannot be transferred. Only the H1B petition can be transferred.

>>> petition need to be transferred first. Once the petition gets approved, then you can go for visa stamping.

3. do I need to wait till the H1B transfer is done to the new company and go for stamping afterwards?
    >>> Yes.

4. what documents (related to visa transfer) should I have before leaving the current company?
    >>> Copy of all H1B approval notices.

>>> No complications if filed properly.

6. I have travelled to US through my current company and just returned 2 months back.
    >>> Doesn't matter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Visa cannot be transferred. Only the H1B petition can be transferred.

>>> petition need to be transferred first. Once the petition gets approved, then you can go for visa stamping.

>>> Yes.

>>> Copy of all H1B approval notices.

>>> No complications if filed properly.

>>> Doesn't matter.

Could you please elaborate point no 4. Do you mean the h1b extn approval I797 or are there any other documents?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X