X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer after expiry- with pending days

Hello
    I need some information urgently!

I have a situation described below. Can you please suggest some options?
    - I am working for a company A on an H1B. It has filed for my GC- Perm has just been filed (October 10th). My H1B complete 6 years including vacation etc expires on April 10 2015.
    - Meanwhile, I applied for a new job to company B and got through the interview.But the company B says it cannot hire me as I do not have an approved I140, and they cannot hire with just about 6 months left on my H1.
    - However they have asked me to come back when my I140 is approved, in all likelihood it will not be before June 2016 or so.
    - My current company A says it will file for an L1A (I am eligible) for me to ensure i can continue my stay in US, so that I do not have to go back. I am thinking they might apply for an L1 and have me into L1 by January end or February 2016.
    - Considering the above, in June 2016 I might be on L1 with approved I140.
    If I moved to L1 in January or February 2016, will the remaining days on my H1 (30-40 days) help?
    Can the company B- claim for the remaining 30 -40 days or so in my H1 B and file for a transfer and extension together? Even though i might be on L1 at that time. What are the best possible options for me to move to company B, assuming my I140 gets approved by June or so, best case.

thanks for your help
    -Andy

That will work.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X