Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-797B approved without i94, can i stay in USA till my recent i94 expires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797B approved without i94, can i stay in USA till my recent i94 expires?

Hi All,

i am in USA and i have i-94 valid till 2016.I recently filed h1b transfer my visa to new employer and started working with new employer.
    Now i got my visa approved i-797b without i-94. Do i need to go back to india and come back with stamping or i can stay till 2016.

your replys are most valuable to me.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by naseer561 View Post
    Hi All,

i am in USA and i have i-94 valid till 2016.I recently filed h1b transfer my visa to new employer and started working with new employer.
    Now i got my visa approved i-797b without i-94. Do i need to go back to india and come back with stamping or i can stay till 2016.

your replys are most valuable to me.

Thanks in advance.
    This is the reason why one should not join an employer without first getting the petition and associated I-94 approved first

Has your visa stamping in the passport expired?

I797 is not a visa it is only the approval notice for the petition. Visa, petition, I-94 are three different things.

You cannot work for your new employer, as the petition has got approved only with consular notification. So you should exit US and re enter. Since you already started working for them you are already accumulating out of status period.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi naseer,

What action did you took?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X