Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transfer to early stage Startup - will it get rejected by USCIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer to early stage Startup - will it get rejected by USCIS?

Hi there,

I have recently been laidoff, but since my previous company (that I am still under the payroll till end-Nov 2015) had started the petition process it was approved last week. So, now I have a H1B visa that is valid till end-Nov.

I had started looking for jobs elsewhere and was offered a post with a startup that is in its early stage. Their technology is promising and they received funding recently. They say that they should be able to transfer the H1B visa, however I am concerned if it will come to a point where USCIS might ask for "Request for Evidence" (RFE) and because they are a startup in early stage they are not able to provide enough financial evidence. (I am not aware of their financial information, so I do not know )

Should the H1B transfer be done smoothly, how liable are they to sponsor a green card?

What are the risks?

Thank you.

I am not sure how you are asking this question in a forum? How can a forum member say for sure whether the company will or will not sponsor your GC? These are things that you should discuss with the employer. If you do not trust them, then you should find another employer who has a reputation in keeping up their promises.
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-19-2015, 02:50 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      I am not sure how yo are asking this question in a forum? How can a forum member say for sure whether the company will or will not sponsor your GC? These are things that you should discuss with the employer. If you do not trust them, then you should find another employer who has a reputation in keep up their promises.

Thank you for your response. I was hoping someone might come forward with advise with a similar experience. That is all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X