Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from H1 to F1..

Hello,

I am currently working on H1 status and have been admitted for MS for Spring 2016. The classes start in January. I am waiting for my I -20 from my college and plan to apply for change of status once I get the I-20.My questions are :

How much time does it take for the receipt to come and for the approval notice?
    Should I plan to give my 2 weeks notice after I apply for change of status or after I get my receipt ?
    And I read in one of the threads that you should leave the job at the max 30 days before from the start of the college. I don't know how true is that so if someone can help with the 30- day clause and suggest the best time to leave the job.

Please help.

How much time does it take for the receipt to come and for the approval notice?
    >>> About 2 weeks to get the receipt notice and 4-5 months to get the actual decision.

Should I plan to give my 2 weeks notice after I apply for change of status or after I get my receipt ?
    >>> Advisable to do it after getting the receipt notice.

And I read in one of the threads that you should leave the job at the max 30 days before from the start of the college. I don't know how true is that so if someone can help with the 30- day clause and suggest the best time to leave the job.
    >>> Haven't heard of that clause.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X