Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap of 15 days in employment- Visa stamping

Hi,

I got laid off from Company A (Full time) on May 28th 2015. they offered me severance package for next 3 weeks. I then got offer from Company B(Full time) next week and joined company B on receipt on 15th June 2015. Visa got approved on June 19th. So there was an employment gap of 15 days but I have severance package to show

Now I am going to India for Visa stamping and have to fill employment history in DS 160. My questions are:

As I was getting severance package for 3 weeks after lay off, shall I consider those days to enter in employment history or shall I show the gap of 15 days in the employment history.

Is showing the gap in DS160 going to effect the stamping process?

Originally posted by pjaiswal View Post
    Hi,

I got laid off from Company A (Full time) on May 28th 2015. they offered me severance package for next 3 weeks. I then got offer from Company B(Full time) next week and joined company B on receipt on 15th June 2015. Visa got approved on June 19th. So there was an employment gap of 15 days but I have severance package to show

Now I am going to India for Visa stamping and have to fill employment history in DS 160. My questions are:

As I was getting severance package for 3 weeks after lay off, shall I consider those days to enter in employment history or shall I show the gap of 15 days in the employment history.

Is showing the gap in DS160 going to effect the stamping process?
    Unless you were employed by company A during those 3 weeks, you shouldn't be entering that period in your employment history. Just enter the last date of employment truthfully. 99% of the time, you will be absolutely fine during the interview. There is nothing worse than getting caught lying on your DS160, especially something as important as being employed. Just be honest. All else will play out to your benefit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X