H1B Stamping in Mexico City - no PIMS Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping in Mexico City - no PIMS Update

My spouse traveled to Mexico City for business and scheduled to stamp her H1B visa at the US Embassy there.

Oct: 15th - Visa Interview. VO said the visa is approved but there was no PIMS update and it would take a couple of days. He also took her passport.
    Oct 16th through 21st - No status update although the update date changed everyday
    Oct 21st - they said her finger prints are not correct and asked her to go back. Changed to administrative processing after that
    Oct 22nd - changed to ready
    October 23rd - changed back to administrative processing

When we inquired they mentioned there is a problem with the system. She does not have her passport and we have no idea when she will get the passport. She did not get a 221g and VO said her visa was approved.

Do you know how long this would take?

It is very hard to say. These are case by case basis. It looks like her visa is approve, but they are waiting for some verification to complete. Since it is a technical issue at their end, it should not take too long like any other 221g case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi i am planning to book and appointment for H1B stamping at Mexico City on Monday.
      Can you please describe your experience ?

I don't see Mexico City in the list at http://mexico.usembassy.gov/locations.html but when i filled out application the appointment dates which it is showing, i can see Mexico City in the list.
      I was not able to find the address nor i am sure if it is consular agency or an Embassy.

Also i was not able to find any place where ppl have posted their experience at Mexico City. So i am a bit skeptical if this is a good place for h1b stamping..

Can you please post some questions which they asked and what is a good place to stay at near to the embassy/con. agency?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Originally posted by grider View Post
      My spouse traveled to Mexico City for business and scheduled to stamp her H1B visa at the US Embassy there.

Oct: 15th - Visa Interview. VO said the visa is approved but there was no PIMS update and it would take a couple of days. He also took her passport.
      Oct 16th through 21st - No status update although the update date changed everyday
      Oct 21st - they said her finger prints are not correct and asked her to go back. Changed to administrative processing after that
      Oct 22nd - changed to ready
      October 23rd - changed back to administrative processing

When we inquired they mentioned there is a problem with the system. She does not have her passport and we have no idea when she will get the passport. She did not get a 221g and VO said her visa was approved.

Do you know how long this would take?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X