Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport and I-94 expire but have valid Visa

Hi,
    I need some help from you. Below is my question to you.

My wife who is on H4 Visa got her I-94 given at the port of entry a day before her passport gets expire i.e (2/16/2016), however she had valid visa till 7/17/2017.

Below is what i was advised, go to CBP office and aske for I-94 change of date else go out side of the country and renter to US to have visa stamped.

My Question to you:
    My wife is going to India before her passport / I-94 expired i.e before 2/16/2015.

1) While she is coming to US (coming from India), does she needs to carry any doc with her.

2) 2) While she is coming to US (coming from India), before coming to US does she needs to go for re stamping in India (she was given VISA till July 2017, i.e H4 visa from CTS, I also have same VISA with same date on it).

3) 3) Do you want to give me any advice for my wife while returning back to US from India.

Note:- Is it fine that she will get new passport when she will be in India, is this a issue

Any advice on this is really helpful.
    --
    Thanks & Regards,
    Srinivas Sista

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,
    I need some help from you. Below is my question to you.

My wife who is on H4 Visa got her I-94 given at the port of entry a day before her passport gets expire i.e (2/16/2016), however she had valid visa till 7/17/2017.

Below is what i was advised, go to CBP office and aske for I-94 change of date else go out side of the country and renter to US to have visa stamped.

My Question to you:
    My wife is going to India before her passport / I-94 expired i.e before 2/16/2015.

1) While she is coming to US (coming from India), does she needs to carry any doc with her.

2) 2) While she is coming to US (coming from India), before coming to US does she needs to go for re stamping in India (she was given VISA till July 2017, i.e H4 visa from CTS, I also have same VISA with same date on it).

3) 3) Do you want to give me any advice for my wife while returning back to US from India.

Note:- Is it fine that she will get new passport when she will be in India, is this a issue

Any advice on this is really helpful.
    --
    Thanks & Regards,
    Srinivas Sista
    Is she going to get a new passport while in India?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is she going to get a new passport while in India?
      Yes she will get new passport there....if it is a constraint I can get new passport here only in nUS

Comment

Yes she will get new passport there....if it is a constraint I can get new passport here only in nUS
        It really does not matter, but upon re entry if she does not have new passport she would end up having same I-94 date as current passport end date. Also, I am of the opinion that it is easier and faster to get passport renewed in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          It really does not matter, but upon re entry if she does not have new passport she would end up having same I-94 date as current passport end date. Also, I am of the opinion that it is easier and faster to get passport renewed in US.

Hi,new
          So you mean when she is re entering into in US when she is coming from India, all she needs to carry is new passport. she doesn't carry any doc with her... is that correct...

Comment

Hi,new
            So you mean when she is re entering into in US when she is coming from India, all she needs to carry is new passport. she doesn't carry any doc with her... is that correct...
            She needs to carry her new passport and old passport along with your petition and latest pay stubs. She need not get a new visa stamp in new passport as long as visa is valid in old passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X