Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 visa concerns

Hi All,

I got selected for H1B visa this year that has been valid since Oct'15. However, I would be coming to India in december and will schedule an interview for H1B visa stamping at New Delhi consulate.
    Also, I am getting married in mid-Dec and planning to bring my wife along with me on H4 visa.
    Now, I have couple of concerns regarding scheduling of my H1B and my wife's H4 visa interview.

1. Is is better to have my H1 stamping done before wedding and then schedule H4 visa interview for my wife after wedding?
    The concern I have is that my marital status would 'single' (as per DS160 in records) when I schedule my interview. So would that be an issue when my wife goes for interview after wedding and could it create problem in her process ?

2. After reading other posts, I think that applying for H1 and H4 together would be a good option. But I have my flight booked 8 days after wedding. So, would it be a good option to take the risk and schedule interviews together after wedding for both of us? I understand that nobody can comment on the exact amount of time it will take for entire process to complete but I just wanted to know if this risk is worth taking given the above option.

Request you to please advise me on the same.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X