Traveled back to Home Country while the extension was pending for approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveled back to Home Country while the extension was pending for approval

My H1B Extension was applied when i was working in USA for client X but due to medical urgency i traveled back to INDIA before approval of my extension request.

Later my extension got approved and i got my I797 approved document being in INDIA from my employer, whereas my previous H1B petition (first time) is expired now on SEPT-15, if i want to travel again for different client & location Y with my new I797 valid till 2018, what needs to be done? please guide me, appreciate your response on the query.

Originally posted by h1bvisaextension View Post
    My H1B Extension was applied when i was working in USA for client X but due to medical urgency i traveled back to INDIA before approval of my extension request.

Later my extension got approved and i got my I797 approved document being in INDIA from my employer, whereas my previous H1B petition (first time) is expired now on SEPT-15, if i want to travel again for different client & location Y with my new I797 valid till 2018, what needs to be done? please guide me, appreciate your response on the query.
    Till when is the H1 visa stamp in your passport valid to?

Was the I797 which is valid till 2018 applied for client X? In that case you first need to get an amendment filed to get a I797 approved for Client/Location Y.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X