Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa approved. Travel back to India for 1 year

Hi,

My H1-B is approved for this year with a Change of status from L2 to H1. I plan to move back to India for a year.
    I have the following questions.

1. My employer filed a H1 B amendment because I moved to a different client and it is pending with USCIS for approval. Do I need to wait until my amendment is approved before I move back? Will there be in a issue if I move before the amendment is approved, when I travel back after a year?
    2. Do I need to get my visa stamped, even if I do not travel back? I will come back for a different client in year's time.

Thanks

1. My employer filed a H1 B amendment because I moved to a different client and it is pending with USCIS for approval. Do I need to wait until my amendment is approved before I move back? Will there be in a issue if I move before the amendment is approved, when I travel back after a year?
    >>> No issues.

2. Do I need to get my visa stamped, even if I do not travel back? I will come back for a different client in year's time.
    >>> No need to get the visa stamped now. You need a valid visa only when you decide to re-enter U.S back in H1B status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X