Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping along with family members

Hi Myself Kumar,

i reside in Singapore. i have a query on my H1B stamping along with family members.
    I recently got H1B approval documents from my employer for 2016, but my wife and baby went to India for holiday and they will come back to Singapore by January.
    Can i proceed alone for stamping before January (around November 2015) , once my family come back they can attend for H4 visa separately? or
    going altogether for visa stamping is better after my family come back to Singapore?

Anyway my plan to US is around March 2016, but some of my friends told me, waiting until January for stamping is not good.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
    Kumar

It is up to you. Attending the H1B and H4 visa interview together is better because there will be very little question to the H4 holder. However, you are allowed to attend the visa interview separately. It is totally up to you and you have to decide what is comfortable to you. Visa interview can be attended anytime as long as the job exists and the petition remains valid. There is no compulsion that you need to attend the interview immediately after your petition gets approved.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Shervin, that's good information.

Comment

Already submitted my DS-160, shall i resubmit it once again with family details

Hi,

I have already submitted my DS-160 and also got confirmation. I have not filled about my family, who are joining along with me for visa interview in DS-160.
        Can i resubmit it with all my family details? any negative effect with that. Kindly advice.

Regards,
        Kumar

Comment

Have you already scheduled your visa interview? If YES, then you need to cancel the interview and schedule a new one after completing the DS160 for your family members. If you haven't scheduled the interview yet, then you can redo the DS160, get a new confirmation number and schedule the interview. Filling up a new DS160 will replace the previous one as long as the interview is not scheduled.

Originally posted by glasfish View Post
          Hi,

I have already submitted my DS-160 and also got confirmation. I have not filled about my family, who are joining along with me for visa interview in DS-160.
          Can i resubmit it with all my family details? any negative effect with that. Kindly advice.

Regards,
          Kumar
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

No i haven't scheduled my interview. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X