quiey on H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiey on H4

I am currently working in the US on a H1B. I am getting married in may and am visiting the chennai consulate 1 week after marriage for re-stamping my H1 and get her H4. Would appreciate feedback on a few queries that i have:

1) my fiance is working in india and plans to resign her job to shift here. Is her work experience in india an impediment - she is a mba holder from reasonably well know instt, and has been working in the marketing/media field for 4 yrs now.
    2) i dont hv a GC and dont intend to apply for one. i am planning to return to india in 2-3 yrs and am here to get int'l experience.
    3) any insights on what possible objections the VO might hv to giving her the H4 would be useful

regards

You will not have any problems.

Try not showing your fiance work experience.

Rest all is fine.

Comment

Your spouse is allowed to join you legally irrespective of what her educational qualifications are. For the H4 visa however, one is not expected to have an intention to seek employment in the US. Just stick to this and have good paperwork with respect to your employment in the US and issuance of the visa will not be a problem.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X