Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shervin143
    replied
    1. Is the H1b visa approval dependent on the duration left on the validity of passport?
    >>> It depends on the VO. In most cases, if the passport is valid for less than 6 months, then the visa will be issued only till the passport expiry date.

2. Assuming I get a valid H1b visa would the immigration officer at port of entry approve i-94 upto passport expiration date (May 2016) or Visa approval date (Nov 2016)?
    >>> It is possible you get the I-94 only till the passport expiry date.

3. Are there any chances of immigration issues at port of entry as duration on passport will be less than 6 months?
    >>> No.

Leave a comment:

• H1B visa interview/1 year 797 approval/Passport expiring in about 6 months

Hi,

I am traveling back to India from US and have scheduled my visa interview on 5th Nov 2015. My 797 is approved till Nov 2016 and passport is expiring on May 2016. I plan to travel back to US on Nov 29th (contingent on getting a valid H1b Visa) and would have less than 6 months till my passport expires.

3 questions :

1. Is the H1b visa approval dependent on the duration left on the validity of passport?
    2. Assuming I get a valid H1b visa would the immigration officer at port of entry approve i-94 upto passport expiration date (May 2016) or Visa approval date (Nov 2016)?
    3. Are there any chances of immigration issues at port of entry as duration on passport will be less than 6 months?

Thanks,
    V

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X