H4 visa stamping in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa stamping in Mexico

My wife has her H4 visa stamp on her passport. That H4 visa has expired earlier this year. Last year she did a COS from H4 to H1B and currently is working on H1B. She is planning to go out of US and return on H4 visa and then apply for H4 EAD here. Is she eligible to go to Mexico for getting her H4 visa stamping done there?

Thanks!

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the link Shervin. However, I am not still not sure about our scenario.

My wife has her H4 visa stamp on her passport(done in Feb 2013 in India) and she entered USA on that H4 visa. Her I-94 has class of admission as H4 and is valid till July 2016. However, her H4 visa has expired earlier this year. Also, last year she did a COS from H4 to H1B and currently is working on H1B. We are planning to go to Mexico next week for getting her H4 visa stamping done there and return on H4 visa and then apply for H4 EAD here. Hope she is eligible to go to Mexico for getting her H4 visa stamping.

Comment

Since she is not changing her visa category, she can attend the visa interview in Mexico. However, you can also confirm this by writing to the respective consulate.

Originally posted by simplydeb View Post
        Thanks for the link Shervin. However, I am not still not sure about our scenario.

My wife has her H4 visa stamp on her passport(done in Feb 2013 in India) and she entered USA on that H4 visa. Her I-94 has class of admission as H4 and is valid till July 2016. However, her H4 visa has expired earlier this year. Also, last year she did a COS from H4 to H1B and currently is working on H1B. We are planning to go to Mexico next week for getting her H4 visa stamping done there and return on H4 visa and then apply for H4 EAD here. Hope she is eligible to go to Mexico for getting her H4 visa stamping.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,
          Can you please let us know what your experience was? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X