Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping for Indian resident currently deputed in UK

Hi,

I am an Indian resident, right now deputed to UK with Tier-II Visa from Apr 2015. I have my UK Visa till Mar-2016 and have to return back to India by March.

In the meantime I have my US H1B petition approved.

Could you please help me on the below queries :-

1) Can I go for H1B VISA stamping from UK any time before Mar-2016?
    2) If my VISA stamping can be done from UK, do I need to enter US from UK or do I need to travel from India only. Is there any complexity to enter US from

India, if the Visa stamping is done from UK.
    3) Once the Visa stamping is done, is there any timeline by which I need to travel to US.
    4) If I have done my Visa stamping from UK, can I do visa stamping for my dependents from India.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    t1765

>>> Usually the first time H1B stamping should be from your home country. But since you currently live in U.K, you can attend the H1B stamping there. Advisable to go for stamping early so that even if your case goes into admin processing, you have enough time to get a decision before your return back to Indian in March.

2) If my VISA stamping can be done from UK, do I need to enter US from UK or do I need to travel from India only. Is there any complexity to enter US from India, if the Visa stamping is done from UK.
    >>> No such issues. You departure can be form any country.

3) Once the Visa stamping is done, is there any timeline by which I need to travel to US.
    >>> Nope. Yu can travel as long as the visa & petition are valid and as long as the job still exist.

4) If I have done my Visa stamping from UK, can I do visa stamping for my dependents from India.
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Usually the first time H1B stamping should be from your home country. But since you currently live in U.K, you can attend the H1B stamping there. Advisable to go for stamping early so that even if your case goes into admin processing, you have enough time to get a decision before your return back to Indian in March.

2) If my VISA stamping can be done from UK, do I need to enter US from UK or do I need to travel from India only. Is there any complexity to enter US from India, if the Visa stamping is done from UK.

>>> Nope. Yu can travel as long as the visa & petition are valid and as long as the job still exist.

>>> Yes.
      Hi Shervin,

Thank you so much. This really answers my query.

Regards,
      t1765

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

>>> Yes.
        I have one more query :
        If I go for H1B Visa stamping in the month of April once I return India, do you see any issue in the stamping process.

Comment

Going for the visa interview after quite a while from the petition effective date won't have any issues as long as the petition remains valid and you carry proper supporting documents from the employer (To prove the job still exists).

Originally posted by t1765 View Post
          I have one more query :
          If I go for H1B Visa stamping in the month of April once I return India, do you see any issue in the stamping process.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X