Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Transfer and H1 Extension at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and H1 Extension at the same time?

Hi, I have a question that I wanted to clarify. Can H1 Transfer be filed if H1 Extension is already in process?
    I am working for company A and Company A has filed My Extension in regular processing. My Current I-94 has already expired in September and I am under 240 days grace period till the extension is in process. As this point, Can a company B file my H1 Transfer? If yes, will the decision of H1 transfer will come after H1 Extension decision or If H1 transfer filed under premium processing can get processed before the Extension decision. Hope it make sense.

Please let me know. Thanks.

I have a question that I wanted to clarify. Can H1 Transfer be filed if H1 Extension is already in process?
    >>> Yes, as long as the I-94 is still valid. If the I-94 has expired, then it will be a bridge petition.

I am working for company A and Company A has filed My Extension in regular processing. My Current I-94 has already expired in September and I am under 240 days grace period till the extension is in process. As this point, Can a company B file my H1 Transfer?
    >>> It will be a bridge petition.

If yes, will the decision of H1 transfer will come after H1 Extension decision or If H1 transfer filed under premium processing can get processed before the Extension decision.
    >>> Transfer will be based on the approval of the extension. Search and read about bridging.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X