Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping- location change

Dear friends,

i have a valid i797 and LCA (work location - Texas) which expires 2017. I returned to india for a 3 month vacation to get married and i was replaced by someone else in Texas.

Now, my employer has asked me to move to a different state (New Jersey) for my next assignment and the amendment will be filed next week. Meanwhile

1. can my wife get her H4 stamped with my current i797 and LCA stating that i still work at Texas? or

2. Should i get her H4 stamped with texas LCA first and then get my amendment filed for NJ? or

Let me know if there is any other suggestion.

Thanks

Originally posted by samja666 View Post
    Dear friends,

i have a valid i797 and LCA (work location - Texas) which expires 2017. I returned to india for a 3 month vacation to get married and i was replaced by someone else in Texas.

Now, my employer has asked me to move to a different state (New Jersey) for my next assignment and the amendment will be filed next week. Meanwhile

1. can my wife get her H4 stamped with my current i797 and LCA stating that i still work at Texas? or

2. Should i get her H4 stamped with texas LCA first and then get my amendment filed for NJ? or

Let me know if there is any other suggestion.

Thanks
    You should first get amended petition and then file H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X