Pending payments from middle vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending payments from middle vendor

I started by project with Client X from March 2014. The model of the contract is that client has a primary recruting vendor which manages the contracts and hiring for the client.
    In my case there is another vendor 'Y' who between my employer and the primary vendor X.

Now this middle vendor 'Y' was always late in giving payments to my employer. My employer always had to keep following up on the payments from this vendor and it has become a headache as sometimes the vendor used to skip the payments to my employer well beyond the due date.

Due to this my employer talked to the primary vendor 'X' and removed the middle vendor 'Y' from the scene. From then there has never been a issue in the payment cycle.

But, there is a pending payment of more than $10000 due from this middle vendor 'Y'. Despite repeated emails and calls from myself , my employer and also from the primary vendor, the middle vendor is not releasing the payments.
    Probelm is even my employer has given up on this. But those were my hard earned money and the amount is not a smaller one. I dont want to give up.

Now, what are the options I have to proceed in this? Can I directly complain to DOL on this vendor? or since I am not direct employee to this Vendor, Can i not complain?

Please suggest.

Originally posted by jonnasn View Post
    I started by project with Client X from March 2014. The model of the contract is that client has a primary recruting vendor which manages the contracts and hiring for the client.
    In my case there is another vendor 'Y' who between my employer and the primary vendor X.

Now this middle vendor 'Y' was always late in giving payments to my employer. My employer always had to keep following up on the payments from this vendor and it has become a headache as sometimes the vendor used to skip the payments to my employer well beyond the due date.

Due to this my employer talked to the primary vendor 'X' and removed the middle vendor 'Y' from the scene. From then there has never been a issue in the payment cycle.

But, there is a pending payment of more than $10000 due from this middle vendor 'Y'. Despite repeated emails and calls from myself , my employer and also from the primary vendor, the middle vendor is not releasing the payments.
    Probelm is even my employer has given up on this. But those were my hard earned money and the amount is not a smaller one. I dont want to give up.

Now, what are the options I have to proceed in this? Can I directly complain to DOL on this vendor? or since I am not direct employee to this Vendor, Can i not complain?

Please suggest.

Your employer should be paying you irrespective if the middle vendor pays your employer or not. After all you are working on employer's h1 petition not middle vendor's petition. If you complain to DOL it would be against your employer who in turn can sue the middle vendor if they deem suitable.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X