Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Transfer from Company A to Company B.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer from Company A to Company B.

Hi,

One of US based company A (I never worked with) filed H1B Visa for me bcoz they liked me as I hold highest Math qualifications. Now my H1B is approved and stamped.
    I am currently working in company B (as full time employee since last 6 yrs), can I get Visa Transfer from A to B. Is it correct and legal to do it?

If its not legal and not possible please advice What I should do?.

Also, What is that require to allow my Wife work in US without H1B? Is she allowed to work in anywhere as per new rules?

Thanks,

One of US based company A (I never worked with) filed H1B Visa for me bcoz they liked me as I hold highest Math qualifications. Now my H1B is approved and stamped.
    I am currently working in company B (as full time employee since last 6 yrs), can I get Visa Transfer from A to B. Is it correct and legal to do it?
    >>> It is legal. Company B will need to file a transfer using Company A's petition. Once approved, you can travel to U.S to work for company B.

Also, What is that require to allow my Wife work in US without H1B? Is she allowed to work in anywhere as per new rules?
    >>> She cannot work until she gets an H4 EAD. It is illegal to work in U.S in H4 status without an EAD. To get the H4 EAD, your (primary H1B holder's) GreenCard 2nd stage (I-140) should have been approved.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> It is legal. Company B will need to file a transfer using Company A's petition. Once approved, you can travel to U.S to work for company B.

>>> She cannot work until she gets an H4 EAD. It is illegal to work in U.S in H4 status without an EAD. To get the H4 EAD, your (primary H1B holder's) GreenCard 2nd stage (I-140) should have been approved.
      Thanks, This helped. I hope you considered that I never worked in Company A.

How much time would it take to get 2nd Stage Approved after Green Card filing?

Thanks again.

Comment

From start it will take anywhere between 1.5 to 2 years.

Originally posted by ashwin_h1b View Post
        Thanks, This helped. I hope you considered that I never worked in Company A.

How much time would it take to get 2nd Stage Approved after Green Card filing?

Thanks again.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X