Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transferred but no extension filed for H4

Hi,

When I changed my employer a new H1 was filed for me. I got new I-797 and a new I-94 number as well. However, no extension filed for my wife. I read in other answers that it's not necessary. But my wife is travelling during this period and her stamped visa is actually past to past employer's stamped visa. Now, what should we do when she goes for stamping? Let me explain my status in detail..

1) We got new H1b stamping august 2013. I-94 valids till september 2015. - For Company A
    2) I changed the job. Me and my wife both got new I-797 and new I-94 valid till April 2017. - For Company B
    3) I changed the job in October 2015. I got new I-797 and new I-94 valid till september 2018. My wife didn't get anything. - For Company C

My wife has old visa stamped for company A valid till 2015. She went out of country when visa transfer was in progress for Company C. Now, when she comes back..

1) Can she go to visa stamping with my latest I-797 and my I-94?
    2) Do we need to take care of anything else in this case?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

1) Can she go to visa stamping with my latest I-797 and my I-94?
    >>> Yes. Your I-94 is not needed. Your I-797 is needed. You should cut your I-94 and staple it to your passport.

2) Do we need to take care of anything else in this case?
    >>> Nope.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X