Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of employer when h1b extension is pending

Hi,
    My H1B VISA has expired & my current employer has filed the extension which is yet to be approved by USCIS.
    I'm planning to move to a different company.

My question is,
    1. If the Transfer VISA filed by my new company gets approved before the previous employer,
    then can I process H4 for dependents based on the transfer VISA ?

2. What will happend to the extension filed by my previous employer ? will it become obsolete ?

Originally posted by SREVY View Post
    Hi,
    My H1B VISA has expired & my current employer has filed the extension which is yet to be approved by USCIS.
    I'm planning to move to a different company.

My question is,
    1. If the Transfer VISA filed by my new company gets approved before the previous employer,

2. What will happend to the extension filed by my previous employer ? will it become obsolete ?
    Has your I-94 also expired?

Comment

Yes I-94 expired

Comment

>>> Yes.

>>> That petition will also get processed. However, if you no longer wish to work for that employer, then you need not worry about that petition.

Since your I-94 already expired, your transfer will be treated as a bridge petition. Search and read about 'bridging'.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X