X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer denied and ammendment in progress

Hello friends,

Need advice for my situation -

I came to US in Feb 2014 and my I94 and Petition expired on 31-Aug. I had filed for H1 transfer starting from 29-July 2015.

This transfer got an RFE on 2-Sept and I realized that my attorney had filed it with wrong Job Description (kind of a CPA profile). Since my H1 had expired so they filed an amendment on this pending H1 transfer.

In Oct, I got an RFE on this amendment wherein the USCIS asked to respond to the original RFE and then they will give the decision.

Today I came to know that my transfer has been denied, however, my amendment is still in progress. Please help me for the below queries -

1.What is the impact to the amendment since the H1 transfer has been denied?
    2.Can I file for a fresh petition and come back with the same company?
    3.Any other options?

Thanks

Originally posted by sheetaljain View Post
    Hello friends,

Need advice for my situation -

I came to US in Feb 2014 and my I94 and Petition expired on 31-Aug. I had filed for H1 transfer starting from 29-July 2015.

This transfer got an RFE on 2-Sept and I realized that my attorney had filed it with wrong Job Description (kind of a CPA profile). Since my H1 had expired so they filed an amendment on this pending H1 transfer.

In Oct, I got an RFE on this amendment wherein the USCIS asked to respond to the original RFE and then they will give the decision.

Today I came to know that my transfer has been denied, however, my amendment is still in progress. Please help me for the below queries -

1.What is the impact to the amendment since the H1 transfer has been denied?
    2.Can I file for a fresh petition and come back with the same company?
    3.Any other options?

Thanks
    With which employer you working? the original who filed the amendment or the new one whose transfer was denied?

Comment

Are you already working for the new employer based on their receipt notice?
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X