H1 revoked because company went out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 revoked because company went out of business

This is the exact timeline of what happened.

Oct 1, 2015 - My H1 started.
    Oct 23, 2015- received pay check as normal
    Oct 29, 2015 - scandal by CEO exposed.
    Nov 1, 2015 - trading of company stocks suspended.
    Nov 3, 2015 - company went to administration. ( I have press releases for all the above)
    Nov 5, 2015 - received a latter saying everyone is terminated as the company continue its operations.
    Nov 9,2015- company was officially liquidated and went out of business.
    Nov 19, 2015 - 3pm - received an email from USCIS saying my H1 is revoked.
    Nov 19, 2015 - 3.45pm - got an offer from another company.

I haven't got an opportunity to talk with the immigration attorney of the new company. I understand that I'm out of status as soon as I am terminated. I want to know what are my options and what are the things that can happen? What does the immigration attorney of the new company can do? Please help me.

Since your H1B is already terminated, you cannot go for a transfer now. You are currently out of status on H1B. If you continue to accumulate more out of status period, it can hamper your future petitions and visa approval. The best option now is to ask your new employer to file the H1B petition for consular process. You should leave the country immediately to avoid accumulating more out of status period. When the petition gets approved, travel back on H1B visa and begin working for the new employer. Your old employer should pay your flight ticket back home.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X