Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to activate revoked H1B from India

Hi Friends!

I have 3 years H1B started from October 2014 and due to some medical and family emergencies I have come back to India in the month of Nov 2014, but I did not go to VISA stamping in India. My (IT) employer revoked my H1B after that.

Now, I am planning to go to USA and looking forward for possible options to revoke the H1B with any employer in same IT filed or other employers in non IT fields such as non-profits, teaching in schools, universities, Ph.D, etc, .

Your guidance and help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kruthi

Did you work for the employer who filed your H1B petition (even if it is for a short duration). If so, do you have any pay slip? Also, do you have a copy of the H1B approval notice with you?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

How to activate revoked H1B from India

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Did you work for the employer who filed your H1B petition (even if it is for a short duration). If so, do you have any pay slip? Also, do you have a copy of the H1B approval notice with you?
      Hi !

Thanks for the reply.
      Yes, I worked with the employer for short period of 6 months time (I have pay slips) before H1b and received one more payslip in Nov 2014. I also have H1B approval notice original documents; H1B valid from 10/1/2014 - 09/22/2017.

Looking forward for your guidance.

Thanks,

Comment

In that case, any new employer can file a new H1B using the CAP form your previous H1B approval notice and request an immediate start date. You don't need to go through quota again.

Originally posted by Kruthidar View Post
        Hi !

Thanks for the reply.
        Yes, I worked with the employer for short period of 6 months time (I have pay slips) before H1b and received one more payslip in Nov 2014. I also have H1B approval notice original documents; H1B valid from 10/1/2014 - 09/22/2017.

Looking forward for your guidance.

Thanks,

Comment

Revoked H1B from IT to non IT transfer

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          In that case, any new employer can file a new H1B using the CAP form your previous H1B approval notice and request an immediate start date. You don't need to go through quota again.
          Hi Thanks for the reply for my previous quarry. I have one more question in transforing or activating the H1B from IT field, I have experience in non-profits also . Now I am planning to move into to that field, how do you think about the possibilities in getting it reactivated in non IT field?

regards,
          Kruthi

Comment

Well, that depends on the documents that you submit while filing the H1B petition. If the documents are in order and if you have the skills to prove that you have the experience for a specialty occupation, then your H1B petition will get through. Was your previous H1B filed by a non-profit organization that is not subjected to CAP? If so, a transfer to a for-profit organization is not possible and you need to go through CAP (quota). If your previous H1B was filed under quota, then a transfer is possible.

Originally posted by Kruthidar View Post
            Hi Thanks for the reply for my previous quarry. I have one more question in transforing or activating the H1B from IT field, I have experience in non-profits also . Now I am planning to move into to that field, how do you think about the possibilities in getting it reactivated in non IT field?

regards,
            Kruthi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X