Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to nun India with stamped h1 and approved extension

Hi
    I will be traveling to India in December . I have a stamped h1 with my existing employer which is valid till August 15 2016.
    Meanwhile the same employer filed for an extension of my status and I got the approval notice for extension upto August 2018.

Now
    1. When I travel to India , can I return back with the old stamp? Or do I need to get a new visa stamped?
    2. If I plan to get it stamped .. Can I use the Dropbox facility or do I need to go through all the process again?
    3. If I plan to return back on old stamp.. I believe I will get and I 94 only upto August 2016.. Or upto August 2018?
    4. In case I get the i94 only till August 2016... How do I get a new I 94 that is in line with my extension and allows me to work till 2018

Please advise

1. When I travel to India , can I return back with the old stamp? Or do I need to get a new visa stamped?
    >>> You can return back using the old visa stamp and new petition. They usually issue the I-94 till the petition expiry date. But sometimes, they issue the I-94 only till the visa expiry date. In such case, you may have to file the extension again next year. It is important that you check your I-94 expiry date immediately upon entering U.S.

2. If I plan to get it stamped .. Can I use the Dropbox facility or do I need to go through all the process again?
    >>> Check if you are eligible for VIW or not.

3. If I plan to return back on old stamp.. I believe I will get and I 94 only upto August 2016.. Or upto August 2018?
    >>> That depends o the officer. Read answer 1.

4. In case I get the i94 only till August 2016... How do I get a new I 94 that is in line with my extension and allows me to work till 2018
    >>> Employer need to file an extension again or you should leave the country before the I-94 expiry date, get the visa stamped based on the petition that is valid until 2018 and return back to get an extended I-94.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X