H4 to H1 COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS

My wife is currently in US on H4 visa. Last year, she was selected by an employer and they filed the H1 visa for her. Unfortunately she was not selected in the lottery.
    This year another employer is ready to file visa for her. But we have couple of questions. I have searched multiple forums for an answer but not able to find any. Hoping that immihelp will help me find an answer.

1. We are planning to travel to India by mid of March 2015 and return back on the mid of April 2015 . I do understand that the H1 petitions will get filed in the first week of April. Since the vacation was planned earlier , we decided to go for the consular process and attend the visa interview from India. But is there anyway my wife can come to US in the mid of April with me and make the visa application process further as change of status from H4 to H1.?

2. She also got couple of offers from India. But we were confused whether to join these companies or not as we are not sure whether she needs to resign from that job to attend the H1B visa interview, if gets selected in the lot.

I know the situation is pretty perplexing. But we are really looking forward for the help from this forum.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X