Name in DS156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name in DS156

Hi. I am Ashok Verma and I have an appointment for a US Visa interview scheduled on June 05, 2006 at 10:00 am at the American Consulate General, Chennai.

While taking the appointment the name in the passport was as follows:
    Surname: ASHOK VERMA
    Given Names:
    Therefore, I entered the name in the DS156 and DS157 as stated in the Passport.

Later, I got the name bifurcated from the Passport Office and the same is now endorsed on the Passport as follows:
    Surname: VERMA
    Given Name: ASHOK
    I could split and correct the name in DS157 but I am unable to split and correct the name in DS156.

How do I correct this issue without cancelling the appointment?

A quick reply is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Modification on the application forms cannot be done from question 1-14 on the DS 156 only from question 15 modifications can be done and on the other forms you can make the necessary modifications. You can retrieve your forms can make the modifications 2 working days prior to your scheduled appointment. If it is for the Mumbai consulate then 5 working days prior to the scheduled appointment.

Thanking You,

Regards
    VFS Team

THIS REPLY FROM VFS DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. DO I NEED TO CANCEL AND RESCHEDULE THE APPOINTMENT FOR THE NAME ISSUE?

ANY SOLUTIONS???

Comment

hi

Hi you can vfs office helpline,but you may alternatively cancel the current appointmentrefill the forms & get the appointment.If you do it now you will nto lose much time.

You may cancel your appointment N number of times.No issues.

---Not a legal advise----

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Are there ways to correct the form DS156 without cancelling and rescheduling the appointment?

Comment

Here's another reply from VFS:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email.

If the modification has be done beyond Q.no14 you can make it manually and at the time of interview consulate.

Thanking You

Regards
          VFS Team

Original Message:
          -----------------
          Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Is cancellation of the appointment only way to correct the name on DS156?

Awaiting your reply to take further action.

Regards,

FORUM MEMBERS, PLEASE HELP ME!!! VFS'S E-MAILS DON'T ADDRESS MY PROBLEM AT ALL.

Comment

Shoudnt be an issue

Shoudnt be an issue,but just confirm it over phone
            my passport issue place/place of birth were mentioned with a mistake
            coudnt correct it in the last moment,but didnt have any issues in getting the visa.

No preoblemo..proceed.Have a safe journey.

---Not a Legal Advise---

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X