Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B transfer without going to the US

Hi,

I got my H1B visa stamped thru Company A in September 2015. But Company A is delaying my travel to the US as currently they are not having project.
    I am searching for Company B who can file my H1B transfer. I am having below questions in this regard. It would be really helpful if some can give their expert opinion in this. Thanks in advance!
    Questions:
    1) Is it possible to file for H1B Transfer from India without travelling to the US?
    2) Do I need to reveal the name of Company A to Company B for initiating the H1B transfer?
    Will providing only the receipt number to Company B be suffice? Will Company B be able to know about Company A from receipt number?
    3) After getting approval for H1b transfer to Company B, if Company A plans to send me to the US then will I be able to continue with Company A?
    Or getting approval for Company B's petition will make Company A's stamping null and void?
    4) If I tell Company B that I don't want to continue with them after getting the approval for the transfer then will they be able to do any thing that will affect my H1b status with Company A?

Thanks a lot,
    Praveen K.

1) Is it possible to file for H1B Transfer from India without travelling to the US?
    >>> Yes.

2) Do I need to reveal the name of Company A to Company B for initiating the H1B transfer?
    >>> Yes, You need to provide them a copy of your H1B approval notice with company A so that they can initiate a transfer. The name of the petitioner will be printed on the approval notice, so they will know.

Will providing only the receipt number to Company B be suffice? Will Company B be able to know about Company A from receipt number?
    >>> You need to provide a copy of the approval notice, not the receipt notice. Approval notice is the proof that you secured a H1B CAP.

3) After getting approval for H1b transfer to Company B, if Company A plans to send me to the US then will I be able to continue with Company A?
    >>> Yes.

Or getting approval for Company B's petition will make Company A's stamping null and void?
    >>> Nope.

4) If I tell Company B that I don't want to continue with them after getting the approval for the transfer then will they be able to do any thing that will affect my H1b status with Company A?
    >>> No.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

hi praveen can u please share me your contact number. i have few points to discuss

Originally posted by praveenkumar.2015 View Post
      Hi,

I got my H1B visa stamped thru Company A in September 2015. But Company A is delaying my travel to the US as currently they are not having project.
      I am searching for Company B who can file my H1B transfer. I am having below questions in this regard. It would be really helpful if some can give their expert opinion in this. Thanks in advance!
      Questions:

Thanks a lot,
      Praveen K.

hi praveen can u please share me your contact number. i have few points to discuss

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X