Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Profit University H1B to Industry H1B

Hi All,

I am working as a post doc and would be getting my H1B in couple of weeks (for an year). I wanted to know
    if I get a job in industry, will I be able to transfer the current H1B to an industry one? If I can, in how much time
    should I have a job to do so?

Thanks

You cannot transfer a non-profit H1B to a for-profit organization. If that is what you are asking. If your H1B is filed under a brand new CAP (quota), then you will be able to transfer it to any employer any time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You cannot transfer a non-profit H1B to a for-profit organization. If that is what you are asking. If your H1B is filed under a brand new CAP (quota), then you will be able to transfer it to any employer any time.
      Thanks for your reply. That means I will have to get another job by approximately March, so that my employer can file for a for-profit H1B in April, is that correct?

Comment

That is correct. You can begin working for the employer only after Oct 1st or after the effective date of the H1B petition (whichever comes last).

Originally posted by vaibhavs1985 View Post
        Thanks for your reply. That means I will have to get another job by approximately March, so that my employer can file for a for-profit H1B in April, is that correct?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          That is correct. You can begin working for the employer only after Oct 1st or after the effective date of the H1B petition (whichever comes last).
          Can I keep working meanwhile for my current employer after getting a new job, till the time the for profit visa gets approved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X