X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT : H1B renewal stamping post company split

Hi All,

Below is my scenario

I got my H1 transferred to company A in December 2012 and working with that company since then.

In October 2015, company A got split into two companies company A(original) and company B(new). I am part of company B now. My H1 has transferred to company B and have valid H1b petition with company B from 30th september 2015 to 29th September 2018.

I am visiting India in few days and I need to appear for my H1b visa renewal stamping as my visa stamping was till 30th November only.

Now here is where confusion starts.

While mentioning employment history in DS 160, how should I represent above situation?

Should I put Company B as my present employer and Company A as previous employer? But if I put Company A as my previous employer, I need to provide experience letter from Company A but Company A has not provided any experience letter/relieving letter because it was official split and not actually termination.

On the other hand Company B has provided me employee verification letter and in that they have shown my full tenure including tenure with company A. They have also mentioned that part of the tenure was company A.

Should I put Company B as my present employer and show my full tenure under company B and in bracket I mention (Company A before split in october 2015) because my roles and responsibilities are same.

I am totally confused on what is the right way to represent this situation in DS-160 because I might be eligible for dropbox and only thing to convey things are DS 160.

Can anybody please give me advice on how should I tackle this situation? I do not want to get my case screwed up because of mis representation of information in DS 160.

Thanks

Address the problem to comp B and try to get a experience letter from comp A.Explain them without experience letter from comp A you can't show the correct experience details in DS 160.Probably your present employer can help because comp A and B were same once upon a time and they know each other quiet well.

Because at the time of visa interview you might be asked for experience letters from all the previous employers and at that you might face difficulties.

Comment

Getting an experience letter from Company A is not possible because it was split of the company. Moreover Company B letter already covers tenure which I spent with Company A before split.

I am eligible for the dropbox and not interview so would not get opportunity to discuss with CO.

Also can somebody please confirm if they allow us to submit prior company experience letters in drop box?

Considering above facts can you please guide what is the safest option for me?

Thanks in Advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X