Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1B Visa Travel back from India

Hi,

My H1B got approved stating that i will work at my current firm's headquarters. Now i am asked to visit a client other than my state headquarters for few weeks and i need to travel back to India after my visit. So my port of entry got registered at my client's place.

Now when i travel back from India to my headquarters will there be any consequences. I do not have any paystub because i stayed only for few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sagar.

Originally posted by anilvsagar View Post
    Hi,

My H1B got approved stating that i will work at my current firm's headquarters. Now i am asked to visit a client other than my state headquarters for few weeks and i need to travel back to India after my visit. So my port of entry got registered at my client's place.

Now when i travel back from India to my headquarters will there be any consequences. I do not have any paystub because i stayed only for few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sagar.
    All the locations where you are expected to work should be mentioned in your I129, if not, you need to get your H1 amended.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Are you going to travel to the client place or have you already done with that trip? If so, there won't be any issues when you travel again to the place where your LCA is approved.
      About not getting paid while in H1B is an issue. When you enter U.S in H1B visa, you should be getting paid as per your approved LCA. If not, you are considered to be out of status on H1B for that duration.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X