Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage and H4 within 1 month

Hello
    I currently work in US on a H1B. i am getting married in Feb. My wife has never been to USA.
    I plan to apply for a H4 visa in India. Once the marriage is done, i want to schedule a H4 visa appointment and get H4 visa for my wife, so she can come with me when i return after my vacation.

Can i complete the application for DS 160 and book a appointment before hand, so that once the wedding is done, she can go get a H4 visa asap.

since the wedding is in feb 24, i plan to schedule a appointment in march first week, so that we have enough time to get the marriage certificate.

I am just not sure if i should book the appointment before hand, or wait for the marriage certificate.

Please help

Originally posted by Swamybln View Post
    Hello
    I currently work in US on a H1B. i am getting married in Feb. My wife has never been to USA.
    I plan to apply for a H4 visa in India. Once the marriage is done, i want to schedule a H4 visa appointment and get H4 visa for my wife, so she can come with me when i return after my vacation.

Can i complete the application for DS 160 and book a appointment before hand, so that once the wedding is done, she can go get a H4 visa asap.

since the wedding is in feb 24, i plan to schedule a appointment in march first week, so that we have enough time to get the marriage certificate.

I am just not sure if i should book the appointment before hand, or wait for the marriage certificate.

Please help
    It is doable and folks have had success this way. Normal wait time for an appointment is 1 Week- 10 Days.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamybln View Post
      Hello

Please help
      Hi Swamy,

What did you do? I am on the same boat.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X