Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal - H1B Stamping on Indian Passport

Hello Guru's,

Im in USA on H1B visa and my passport is about to expire in Aug 2016. Visa stamping on my passport is valid till 2018

I have landed in USA on 1 Dec 2015 for the first time and as my passport is expiring in Aug 2016, IO has provided the validity of H1B visa only till Aug 2016 (saying that my passport will expire) and the same being reflected in I-94 records.

Im really confused here about the process. I want to renew my passport in Houston, Tx

So once I receive renewed passport, do I need to go for visa stamping again so to get extension till 2018 ?? or do my employer need to file for H1 extension?

If incase stamping needs to be done then do i need to exit country??

Please help me in this regards

Your post is confusing. You mentioned that your visa in the passport is issued till 2018 and then you have mentioned that it was issued only till August 2016. Which one is right. If your visa in the passport issued by the U.S consulate is valid until 2018, then you can use that to travel even after renewing your passport. You need to carry both your old and the new passport. Visa will remain valid even if the old passport is expired. However, if your I-94 was issued only till Aug 2016, then the employer need to file an extension before your I-94 expires. Alternatively, you can leave the country and return back using the renewed passport, H1B approval notice and valid H1B visa which will get you a new I-94 until the expiry of the approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X