Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221g green slip at mumbai

Hello All,
    I came down to mumbai for a vacation and to get my H1B stamped on 7th dec 2015. I was handed a green slip. I submitted my documents on 9th dec 2015.
    I received an automated response
    "Thank you for contacting the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the American Consulate General, Mumbai.

This mailbox is only for those who have received a green pending letter and need to submit documents.

We will contact you via email when we have made a determination in your case.

Applicants with cases pending over 60 days and for all other inquiries, please contact us at [email protected]"

Should this be considered as a confirmation for receipt of documents? there is no change in my status on the tracker. What is the best way to confirm that my documents have been recieved?

I am very concerned as I need to get back to work pretty soon. Please advice.

Thanks

Similar Situation

I was given the green slip on 15 Dec and I submitted my documents on the 17th. The VO asked me when my travel is scheduled (02 Jan). She said you should have yr visa by then. I'm guessing the processing times aren't that long then. Were you able to confirm if they received the documents?

Originally posted by puravida89 View Post
    Hello All,
    I came down to mumbai for a vacation and to get my H1B stamped on 7th dec 2015. I was handed a green slip. I submitted my documents on 9th dec 2015.
    I received an automated response
    "Thank you for contacting the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the American Consulate General, Mumbai.

This mailbox is only for those who have received a green pending letter and need to submit documents.

We will contact you via email when we have made a determination in your case.

Applicants with cases pending over 60 days and for all other inquiries, please contact us at [email protected]"

Should this be considered as a confirmation for receipt of documents? there is no change in my status on the tracker. What is the best way to confirm that my documents have been recieved?

I am very concerned as I need to get back to work pretty soon. Please advice.

Thanks

Comment

similar situation

Originally posted by avm007 View Post
      I was given the green slip on 15 Dec and I submitted my documents on the 17th. The VO asked me when my travel is scheduled (02 Jan). She said you should have yr visa by then. I'm guessing the processing times aren't that long then. Were you able to confirm if they received the documents?
      I was not asked about my travel plans during my interview. I emailed [email] asking them if they've received my documents. They replied saying my case is till under administrative processing and did not say anything about the documents.

What kind of documents were you asked to submit?

Comment

Where did you email to receive confirmation that they received the documents? My visa status still states "Refused". I emailed support-indiaatustraveldocs.com and they did not confirm if they received my documents or not.

Comment

[QUOTE=avm007;441454]Where did you email to receive confirmation that they received the documents? My visa status still states "Refused". I emailed support-indiaatustraveldocs.com and they did not confirm if they received my documents or not.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-main-contactus.asp. I used this link and tried the live chat. I sent them a message asking about the documents. there was no customer service agent available to assist. so the message went out as an email.

I got a response within 3 hours asking what the mode of submission for documents was. I replied saying via Email. They said if you have recieved an automated response after you emailed the documents, that means the documents have been received. Now I do not know how else to confirm whether my documents have reached the counselar officer.

Comment

I spoke to them today as well and they didn't confirm or deny that they received the documents. They just said that if you sent it with the correct info then we should have received it. My concern is that my status still says "Refused" (with the interview date). I would expect this to state Admin Processing. Did you have this issue?

Comment

I spoke to them today as well and they didn't confirm or deny that they received the documents. They just said that if you sent it with the correct info then we should have received it. My concern is that my status still says "Refused" (with the interview date). I would expect this to state Admin Processing. Did you have this issue?
              No, My status says Admin processing with my interview date. The status never changed. did you call the consulate in mumbai or the NVC?

Comment

The status still states Refused but they acknowledged that they have received the documents. Any update on your case?

Comment

The status still states Refused but they acknowledged that they have received the documents. Any update on your case?
                  No change yet! I guess we just have to wait it out. I was supposed to fly out today :/

Comment

who did you get in touch with to confirm the receipt of your documents?
                    I called the NVC today. They said they do not see a note that documents have been received. but they see activity around the time I sent the documents
                    so there is a possibility that they did not update it.

Comment

I called the service desk and they opened a ticket for me. They told me to submit the documents to supportatustraveldocs.com as well. Once I sent they closed the ticket stating the consulate has received the documents. Based on your interview, submission date I don't hope to see any updates till your case is processed.

Comment

I called the service desk and they opened a ticket for me. They told me to submit the documents to supportatustraveldocs.com as well. Once I sent they closed the ticket stating the consulate has received the documents. Based on your interview, submission date I don't hope to see any updates till your case is processed.
                        By service desk you mean one of these numbers +91 120 4844644 or +91 40 46258222.?
                        one of the cases from the first week of december got resolved. lets hope we are next.

Comment

Yup.

That is good news! I also read about someone who was in the similar situation last month. Looks like the average time right now is about 21-25 calender days.

Comment

221G green slip at mumbai on 29november2015

Hi Folks,

I also got 221g green slip at mumbai consulate on 29nov2015 and submitted docs on 10dec2015. I dint hear anything yet. what is the average processing time?

Comment

Originally posted by Sanky Patel View Post
                              Hi Folks,

I also got 221g green slip at mumbai consulate on 29nov2015 and submitted docs on 10dec2015. I dint hear anything yet. what is the average processing time?
                              No idea. I am hoping to hear something by next week at the least. but since it depends on individual cases the processing time can not really be predicted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X